Pyrite campaign group says three Mayo TDs have ‘sold out’

By Keith Bourke Mayo pyrite homeowners have been left devastated after the county’s three Government TDs voted in favour of the Defective Block Compensation Scheme in the Dáil. Last year, the Government agreed to provide up to €420,000 to affected...

Read More

Homeowners to press Dáil over pyrite scheme

By Paul O’Malley Tomorrow is D-Day for hundreds of homeowners in Mayo as Dáil Éireann gets to vote on the amended Defective Concrete Block Bill 2022. The current scheme will see 100% redress to homeowners to a maximum value of...

Read More

Pyrite homeowners in Mayo still hoping for improved deal

By Keith Bourke Pyrite homeowners in Mayo are determined to make changes to the Defective Concrete Blocks Scheme that has...

Tuesday, 21/06/22 - 3:53pm Read More

TV celebrity says those culpable for Mica scandal should be in jail

With approximately 6,000 homes across Mayo, Donegal, Sligo and beyond crumbling due to the impact of mica, one of Ireland’s...

Saturday, 04/12/21 - 9:07am Read More

Housing Minister says redress scheme will go to Cabinet next week

Housing Minister Darragh O’Brien has said changes to the mica and pyrite redress scheme will be “significantly better” than the...

Wednesday, 24/11/21 - 4:59pm Read More

North Mayo Pyrite Group held demonstration today

Mayo homeowners affected by pyrite-contaminated blocks staged demonstration home of Noel O’Boyle from Crossmolina (F26 RY91), which is badly affected...

Thursday, 21/10/21 - 4:09pm Read More