The Government has decided to ease Covid restrictions, but with some conditions, as Cabinet met this morning, and are set to make an announcement this lunchtime. Some of the restrictions are listed below:
- Nightclubs will be allowed to reopen, as the National Public Health Emergency Team (Nphet) has advised nightclubs can reopen but with restrictions in place such as having to produce a Covid certs.
- Normal trading hours are likely to resume for in pubs, restaurants and wider hospitality.
- The return to full capacity at sports grounds is expected to be approved, provided it is an outdoor activity.
- All wedding number restrictions will be removed.
- Religious ceremony capacity limits will be lifted.
- Vaccine passes are likely to be required to access hospitality until at least the end of the year.
- Nphet has recommended public health restrictions such as social distancing and mask wearing should remain in place until February 2022.
- Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly has said the use of antigen testing will now be expanded to include the close contacts of anyone who tests positive for the virus.
- Minister Donnelly has confirmed everyone over the age of 60 is going to be offered a Covid vaccine booster.